Sunday, December 30, 2012

Growing Old in Poetry

Above is the cover of a book forthcoming from Autumn House Press in e-book format; it should be available next month (April). Growing Old in Poetry: Two Poets, Two Lives is a series of dialogues in essay form between me and my friend, the wonderful former poet laureate of Delaware Fleda Brown. (My last post shows a chapter from the collection.) Fleda and I are about the same age, are parents and grandparents, and, as she says in her introduction, "grumpy about some of the same things." Our dialogues explore our pasts and presents and their relations to our practice of poetry. It has been a joy for me to collude with so smart and gifted a person!

Cover design: Kathy Boykowycz
Cover art: "Stratified Clouds," pastel, by Nancy Clark

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete